Final sequence - Dark Summer

Preliminary Exercise

Monday, March 29, 2010

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I have learnt a lot about different types of technologies during the process of this project.

Hardware
  • I have learnt and understand a lot more about using the camera now. I’ve learnt how to use zooms effectively and watch back what we’d recorded etc.
  • I've learnt how to use the microphone and headphones with the camera, the headphones were very useful on the shoot as we could hear very clearly if there was any background noise and reshoot if the sound wasn’t right.
  • I understand how to adjust and move the tripod now, I know how to tilt it to get a high angle shot and move it with the camera to get a pan.

Software
  • I have really developed my editing skills since the preliminary task. I understand how to use Adobe premiere pro in detail, I’ve learnt how to capture footage, drags shots into timeline, cut shots using the razor tool, add effects to shots, drag sound up and down on the timeline, add titles, music etc. I learnt how to edit a match on action cutting it so the character is at exactly the same angle and position as the next shot. I really enjoyed the editing stage of this project.
  • We did our titles on the Mac on the programme LiveType which was very professional and then transferred them onto Adobe premiere.

No comments:

Post a Comment